Great Canadian Griller Recipe Winner
Congratulations to Andrew Carrigan – our “Great Canadian Griller Recipe Contest” winner! His recipe, The Salty Captain’s Sizzlin’ Salmon, a cedar plank salmon recipe is below. Try it tonight!
Thank-you to everyone who submitted a recipe and stay tuned for our next contest!
The Salty Captain’s Sizzlin’ Cedar Plank Salmon
- 1 Cedar Plank
- 2-4 Salmon Fillets
- 1/3 c -Fresh Dill – Chopped
- Red Hot Pepper Flakes – to taste
- Flaked Sea Salt – to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- Soak cedar plank in salted water for 1-2 hrs, then drain
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat, clean grill with wire brush
- Place the plank in the center of the hot grill, the board is ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and rinse quickly under water, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on the plank, skin-side down and cook for 20 min until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with Dill, pepper flakes, and lemon slices