Grilled Rack of Lamb with Honey Glaze and Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Grilled lamb may look and sound like a luxurious choice for your next cookout, but it’s seriously easy to grill.
The rich flavour of lamb pairs perfectly with the sweetness of balsamic vinegar and honey in this recipe. Add the smokiness of your grill and you’ve got a dish fit to impress even the pickiest eater.
Here’s how to grill it:
Grilled Lamb with Honey Glaze
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 rack of lamb (with 8 chops intact)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Request the butcher “French” the lamb chop bone ends, or clean the bones yourself. Learn how here.
- Brush the rack of lamb with olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt, ground pepper, and rosemary.
- In a food processor, combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, and parsley. Pulse until blended.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil until the mixture emulsifies.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside; dividing sauce equally into two small bowls.
- Lightly cover the exposed bones with tin foil to prevent burning while grilling.
- Cook, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes fat side up on grill, and turn with tongs, and continue cooking, covered, for another 10 to 12 minutes, or until meat registers 135 to 140 degrees for medium.
- Remove rack of lamb and tent with foil, and let the meat stand for 5 minutes before cutting into individual chops.
- Cut the rack of lamb into chops, and arrange decoratively on a platter. Spoon half of the reserved sauce over top of chops; plus serve extra sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 8 oz fingerling potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and unpeeled
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz carrots, peeled and cut on the bias into 1-inch slices
- 3 medium zucchinis cut on the bias into 1-inch slices
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- In a large bowl, toss the onions, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, fingerling potatoes, zucchini and garlic with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer on top of a grill topper.
- Reduce grill to medium heat and place grill toper with vegetable on cooking grates.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes, until tender, stirring once halfway through.
- Once ready take off the garlic from the skins before serving. Glaze with left over honey glaze from lamb rack if desired.