Grilled Salmon with Honey-Ginger Glaze Recipe
Want a quick and easy dinner, but tired of burgers and “dogs”? It doesn’t get much better than roasted salmon fillets. Whether you’re searching for a mid-week date night dinner or a quick family meal, this honey-ginger glazed grilled salmon will rise to the occasion – and clean-up is easy! This simple but delicious recipe is the kind of meal to keep in your back pocket — make it once and you’ll never wonder what to do with salmon again!
The trick to cooking perfect salmon is to not over cook it. This is the most common “beginner” mistake, and it can spoil an otherwise valiant effort. Just like other meats, it’s important to pull salmon off the heat or out of the oven just before it’s done, then cover and let it rest for about 10 minutes. During this time, residual heat will continue to cook the meat, and the internal temperature (in the center of the salmon) will continue to rise, even after it’s off the heat.
Grilled Salmon with Honey-Ginger Glaze
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 ½ lb salmon filet cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lemon quartered
- Aluminum foil
- In a large Ziploc bag, add ginger, garlic soy sauce, honey, and green onion. Seal and shake well to blend flavors.
- Place salmon in bag and seal it carefully. Turn the bag gently to distribute the marinade evenly over the salmon pieces.
- Allow to sit 30-60 minutes in refrigerator.
- When you are ready to grill, lightly oil and pre-heat grill to medium.
- Remove salmon from marinade, and gently shake off any excess.
- Wrap each piece in aluminum foil. This will keep the salmon from drying out, help it cook evenly, and make sure it does not stick to grates.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately with a lemon quarter and side dish of choice.