Bacon-Wrapped & Stuffed Sweet Peppers Recipe
Colleen Cole’s bacon-wrapped stuffed sweet peppers combine sweet, salty, and spicy all in one delicious, creamy bite.
When Colleen entered their simple but impressive recipe into our Great Canadian Griller Recipe Contest, we couldn’t wait to share it with you! The sweetness of the peppers combined with the smoothness of the cream cheese and the smokiness of the grilled bacon makes these stuffed peppers the perfect appetizer for any backyard BBQ. Here’s how to make them:
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 1 bag sweet peppers
- 1 package smokey bacon
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- Wooden toothpicks, soaked in water
- Heat your barbecue to medium.
- Whip the softened cream cheese with a hand mixer. When you are happy with the texture, stir in the finely diced jalapeno, if using, and transfer the cream cheese mixture to either a pastry bag or a medium-sized plastic sealable bag.
- Prepare the peppers by slicing off the ends and scooping out the seeds and the white membranes. Pipe the cream cheese mix into the hollowed-out peppers.
- Slice the bacon pieces in half, then wrap each pepper with half a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill on a medium until bacon is cooked through.
- Serve hot! And be prepared for compliments.