BBQ Corn and Potato Salad Recipe
Corn on the cob is a summer staple. There may be many ways to grill corn on the cob, but one thing’s for sure: it’s always delicious.
Our Great Canadian Griller Recipe Contest winner, Natalie Van Apeldoorn, is taking grilled corn on the cob to a whole new level with her recipe for BBQ Corn and Potato Salad. The sweet grilled kernels combine with BBQ roasted baby potatoes, fresh green onion, and a hint of dill dressed with a simple mix of mustard and vinegar to create the ultimate grilled salad.
Here’s how to make this simple and delicious side dish:
BBQ Corn and Potato Salad
- 4 cobs of corn, husked and brushed with grapeseed oil
- 4 lbs new baby potatoes, halved
- 3 tsp grapeseed oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp of a grainy mustard
- Salt and p epper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tbs chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat the husked corn in 1 tsp of grapeseed oil and grill until tender – rotating as you go to get even grill marks – usually about 10-15 min.
- Put potatoes in a tin foil pouch.
- Cut kernels from the corn cobs.
- Add the corn kernels, 2 tsp of grapeseed oil, and salt and pepper to the tin foil pouch.
- Toss quickly to distribute seasoning.
- Place foil packet on bbq until potatoes are cooked through, about 10-20 min.
- In a bowl, add onions, mustard and the contents of the tin foil pouch. Sprinkle with vinegar and stir.
- Let cool.
- When ready to serve, add a bit of grapeseed oil and fresh dill, as well as salt and pepper to taste.