Steak and Potatoes
A delicious recipe from one of our Great Canadian Griller Recipe Contest finalists: Roger aka Rib Dude!
Steak And Potatoes
- 1 kg – Steak – trimmed and excess fat removed
- 2 Tbsp – Oregano Leaves – torn
- 2 Cloves– Garlic – Crushed
- 1/2 Cup – White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp – Olive Oil
- 2 – Large Baking Potatoes – Thickly Sliced
- 2 – Large Red Onions
- Lemon Wedges – To serve
- Combine oregano, garlic, vinegar and oil.
- Place steak in a dish and pour over half the marinade turning to coat.
- Set aside remaining marinade for the potatoes.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, blanch potatoes in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until just starting to cook on the outside but still firm inside.
- Drain and refresh, then place in a bowl with onion and reserved marinade, turning gently to coat.
- Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat an oiled char-grill or barbecue over medium heat. When hot, cook the potato and onion, basting frequently with marinade and turning once, for about 15 minutes or until lightly charred all over.
- Keep warm. Increase the heat to high and re-oil.
- When hot, cook beef for about 6-7 minutes each side until medium-rare (or to the temperature of your liking).
- Remove from the heat and stand for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Divide the beef, potato and onion among serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.